Start Corporation is now accepting resumes for the following position:
Provide Intensive Family Preservation Services as delineated in the HOMEBUILDERS® Standards, including crisis intervention, counseling, skill building, concrete services, and advocacy. This position reports to the program supervisor.
- Commitment to the HOMEBUILDERS®
- Graduate degree in human services or related field; OR Bachelor degree in human services or related field and at least two years experience working with families.
- Ability to work with diverse individuals.
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain client confidentiality.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must live in designated service area.
- Adhere to all therapists components in the HOMEBUILDERS®
- Serve families whose children are at imminent risk of placement or who are in placement and cannot be reunified without intensive in-home services.
- Provide services primarily in client homes. Travel to client homes and other locations.
- Schedule sessions at times that are convenient for families, and when problems are likely to occur, including evenings, weekends and holidays. Maintain a flexible workweek.
- Typically serve 18 families per year, working with approximately 2 families at a time.
- Provide 40 or more hours of face-to-face contact per family, over a 4-6 week period.
- Provide a range of clinical, concrete and advocacy services to family members that are consistent with the HOMEBUILDERS® model and the family’s values, learning styles, lifestyle, circumstances and culture.
Please share with any possible applicants and forward all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.